Theater with its six Corinthian pillars, at the Main Square; was built in 1853 in Neoclassic style, according to the design by János Scultety, the first trained architect in Subotica. The first theater production in Subotica, was performed in 1747, in the Franciscan Grammar School – Gymnasium, while the regular theater performances started in the newly built building in 1854.
The Theater Building is currently under construction.
Teacher Training Faculty in Subotica, providing instructions in the Hungarian language, is located in the Yellow House. The institution educates teachers for classroom teaching. The Faculty was accredited in 2009.
Terra’s is an organic food organization, founded in 1990, in Subotica, as a non-for-profit and non-governmental organization. TERRA’S is the leader in spreading ideas and initiatives of organic agriculture. The work of TERRA’S is directed towards education, consulting, marketing, promotion, scientific and research work, publishing and dissemination of information. TERRA’S strategy aims at cooperation in the field of primary production, processing, marketing and preparation of organic food, with the aim to introduce an ecologically balanced and sustainable business system in food production.
Tram Trams used to run through Subotica from 1897. Tram traffic was, at the regret of many residents of Subotica, abolished in 1974. Today, one tram stands at the corner of Rudić Street, converted into a café, evoking past times.