Alexandar Lifka (1880-1952) founded the first moving pictures in Austro-Hungarian Emprire in 1900 . Travelling cross Europe, he arrived in Subotica in 1910, where he married and settled for the rest of his life; and where he opened the first regular Lifka Cinema. Alexandar Lifka also made reportages and short films. In his honour the Alexander Lifka Award was established for filmmakers for their contribution to European cinematography. The award is presented annually in July, at the Palić Film Festival .
Ambrozije Šarčević (Boza) (1820-1899) one of the most active fighters for the renaissance of Bunjevac people, in the second half of the 19th century. He fought for the national equality and the rights of his fellow countryman to use their mother tongue in many “arenas”: firstly in classroom teachings, in his debates as a public and social worker; in his writings, as a journalist, translator, publicist, yearbook editor.
Architects from Budapest, Dezső Jakab and Komor Marcell; who brought the modern style of Hungarian art nouveau to Subotica at the beginning of the 20th century making the architecture of Subotica recognizable for all times. They designed: the City Hall; the Synagogue; a two-floor bank building at Korzo Street no 4; the building of the Jewish Community and many others